Digital tools for community radio journalists
- Application Deadline:
- July 25, 2010
- August 9, 2010 - September 6, 2010
- Published Under:
- Funded By:
If you are a radio journalist from Latin America, or if you work at a Hispanic radio station in the United States, then this is your chance to improve your skills and make your station more effective. The online course Digital Community Radio in the Americas, organized by the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ), will be conducted in Spanish. Deadline: July 24.
During the course, you will:
- Learn how to turn your community radio station into a Media Center, using new media tools.
- Perfect new techniques to better inform and engage your local audience.
- Start news blogs, create text message news reports and develop podcasts
- Learn how to share important and interesting audio stories with other stations through an online system.
This course will also help radio stations learn how to create networks of citizen journalists who can help gather and share important stories and information. Whether your community members are online, or rely on their old battery-powered radio, they will all benefit from your participation in this course. The instructor of this course is Jesse Hardman a freelance journalist specializing in new media and Knight International Journalism Fellow, 2007.
To apply, link click here.
You need to log in or create a new account if you are a new user.
For questions, contact Johanna Carrillo at [email protected]